Sunday, November 8, 2009

"These are a few of my favorite things..."


I want to share a few of my favorite things from my home with you. I have learned over the last few years, that if you see something you love, buy it!! Especially if there is only one. If you buy one or a few things at a time that you truly love, everything will come together. I am only 26 and obviously don't make a lot of money, but over the past few years that I have wanted to start making my home my own, (even though its really not mine and I still rent) little by little I have started quite a collection. If you make purchases this way, I find you will never get bored of these items. I think they will fit your personality and you will build your home around them. If you decorate your home all at once with one style, you will grow sick of it.  Most of the items in my home also tell a story. I like to buy handmade, local items, vs. cookie cutter mass produced items. 


Wooden paper towel holder from my Grandma's old kitchen

Pine white shelf given to me by mom

       Antique shutter with many layers of paint
Antique Shop
$6

Wooden painted flower box
Antique Shop
$10

White bench given to me by mom

Vase
Antique & Variety Mall
$12

Pine Armoire
Antique & Variety Mall
$99

Wire Basket
AppleJack's Orchard
$5

Mirror 
Wal-Mart
$24

Antique Pine Dresser
Three Birds Cottage
$120

Handmade Amish Basket 
Amish Road Stand
$15

Handwoven Accent Pillow
Dartbrook Rustic Goods
$29

Enamel Milk bucket from Holland
Owls Head Mountain Quilt Shop
$20

Italian Asolo Dinnerware
William-Sonoma 
Chritmas gift from mom and Joe for the past 2 years
(they are really pricey)




1 comment:

  1. Hi there Gypsy Daisy.. wonder.. are you selling your Italian Asolo Dinnerware. I have only 4 lunch plates would love 4 more.. and about the pasta bowls.. and cereal bowls.. oh I would buy them all if they're for sale.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete