Thursday, June 24, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever...(I wish)

Strawberry Season is here!! It is one of my favorite times of year. There is nothing better ( I say this about a lot of things) than eating a fresh picked strawberry right off the vine.  The past few summers I have picked strawberries like it's nobody's business. I freeze them so I have enough for the whole year until the next season. The best way to freeze strawberries is to quickly rinse them, gently roll them in a clean towel to dry, remove the stems, and place them on a cookie sheet so they aren't touching. Place in the freezer until frozen and then place in freezer bag. Now they will not stick to each other and you can use a little here and there instead of having to use a whole bag. I do the same with blueberries. I hope everyone will get outside and enjoy June's strawberry harvest! I know I will be!






My favorite way to eat Strawberries!




No comments:

Post a Comment