Saturday, June 5, 2010

Lemon Pasta Primavera



I made this dish for dinner the other night after being inspired by primavera that I had at a restaurant last weekend. It is a very simple, delicious, and healthful meal. My recipe made a gigantic bowl, but most of it was vegetables. I love all the beautiful colors. They say we eat with our eyes, and I believe that to be very true. It was also too gorgeous a dish to not use my giant Asolo serving bowl (this bowl is much larger than the ones in many previous posts), which only gets used on rare occasions. Well, I hope you will try this recipe out!

P.S. Support your local farmers and purchase your veggies from a farmers market! They taste better and are usually cheaper than grocery stores.

1 lb. rigatoni pasta (any pasta will do, but this is my favorite)
1/4 cup olive oil ( I know this may seem like a lot, but this make a huge bowl of pasta. Also you may start out with less and add more if you need it)
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
3 large carrots peeled
2 small zucchini
1 medium sweet onion
(Cut veggies to be about the same size. I sliced the carrots, zucchini, onions, and peppers all lengthwise. See photos above)

2 large cloves garlic finely minced
1/2-3/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
juice from 2 lemons
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

*feel free to throw in any other veggies you wish, such as, mushrooms, spinach, peas, asparagus, etc.


Directions
Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add all vegetables except for tomatoes to the pan. Once the veggies have cooked for a few minutes, add the garlic. Cook Veggies just until slightly tender, but still retain crispness. Add pasta to pan with veggies. Add tomatoes, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese and toss together. Add a drizzle of olive oil and throw in some chopped fresh basil and parsley if you wish! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment