Monday, August 10, 2009

Delicious Birthday Cake and my Loves!




I made this cake when I was home visiting my family. I got to spend my grandma's birthday with her. I wanted to make a very special cake for her, as I usually do when I am around to spend her birthday with her. The recipe for the cake is from The Farm Chicks website. Its a dark chocolate butter cake, but I added home made ganache, fresh raspberries, and the flowers. My Grandma plays a huge part in why I love to use my imagination, cook, and craft. She is the most wonderful person has taught me so much (along with my grandfather, he is wonderful too!). She had me rolling meatballs at the age of 2 or 3, so I'm convinced this is partly why I love to cook so much. Anything I cooked up as a kid, she would pretend to love. My grandparents are true country folk, that live a simple, yet wholesome life style. I just love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment