Sunday, October 25, 2009

Balsamic-Glazed Chicken with Tomatoes & Smoked Mozzarella

I want to share one of my favorite chicken recipes by Rachel Ray. She knew what she was doing when she created this. I made this for dinner tonight because I already had most of the ingredients on hand. It is also a good way to use up some of your fresh home grown herbs before winter hits. The combination of flavors is perfect. The sweet honey and onions, tart balsamic, fresh tomatoes, and smokey mozzarella are very pleasing to the palate. The spice of the fresh thyme and rosemary make this perfect for fall. It does not look nearly as good as it tastes (I'm a horrible photographer and forgot to make the asparagus I had, which would have made it complete), but I thought I would post a picture for you anyway.

*You can also use Smoked Gouda in place of the Smoked Mozzarella, but I prefer the Mozzarella. Just make sure it is Smoked. Regular Mozzarella or Gouda just won't do.

*Also at the end when it says to add remaining 2 T. of butter, I only used one just to be a little healthier. I don't think it took away from the taste at all.

*Link to recipe is below picture

No comments:

Post a Comment